Jumping over Cape Horn and the mythical waters of the Drake Passage, VAE takes you to one of the most spectacular places on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent – Antarctica.
Day 1: Start of the Air-Cruise - Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile, where you are welcomed by our staff and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon, you attend a briefing that provides important information about your voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. Later, gather for a welcome dinner and meet your fellow adventurers while enjoying a typical regional menu.
Day 2: Scheduled Flight to Antarctica - Your Antarctic adventure begins with a two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. As you exit the airplane, the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. Explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen station, before boarding a Zodiac to embark your expedition vessel.
Days 3 to 6: Exploring Antarctica - Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Each day, disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. On board the ship, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations, and enjoy spectacular vistas from the glass- enclosed lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests.
No journey is the same as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team sets the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary
experience each time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you will explore several spots that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your voyage may include visits to sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, or many other magnificent places.
Day 7: Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica - Return to King George Island and bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program).
Day 8: End of Air-Cruise - After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Veteran Antarctic aircraft pilots, experienced sea captains, an international team of polar guides and academics, and a team of seasoned travel professionals come together to create the experience. With passion, creativity and dedicated teamwork, we handcraft every expedition to be unique and personal.
Upon arrival in Punta Arenas, our team will be waiting at the airport ready to accompany you to the hotel. O ering dedicated and personalized attention, they will provide detailed information about your upcoming trip.
While in Punta Arenas, our travelers stay at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel. Located in the heart of the city, this deluxe landmark property o ers a premium hospitality experience in the character and tradition of Patagonia.
Unique in its kind, “Bigfoot” was especially designed and built for our. With its special traction system, it can adapt to the changeable conditions of the Antarctic terrain.
Travel with at least twelve polar guides. Professional, experienced, and passionate. They are a well-sta ed team of extraordinary leaders and experts. Charming and engaging, they will make your trip memorable.
Our Company only operates small ships that o er great exibility in the changeable Antarctic environment. Small-group disembarkation is e cient so you can spend more time ashore and less time waiting.
Excellent international cuisine is accompanied by a great selection of premium wines carefully chosen by our Hospitality Team to complement and enhance each meal.
|Dates & Rates||Cabins (all Prices in US$ Dollar)|
|Code||Date||Triple Suite||Window Suite||Promenade Suite||Deluxe Suite||Veranda Suite||Penhouse
|CA03 - HEB17||Start Dec 11, 2017
End Dec 18, 2017
|CA05 - HEB17||Start Dec 16, 2017
End Dec 23, 2017
|CA07 - HEB17||Start Dec 21, 2017
End Dec 28, 2017
|CA09 - HEB17||Start Dec 26, 2017
End Jan 02, 2018
• For Air-Cruises starting in Punta Arenas, transfers airport/ hotel on Day 1 (only available to travellers who arrive before 15:00 hrs.).
• ForAir-CruisesstartinginPuntaArenas,1overnightwith breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos or similar, with a welcome dinner including drinks on Day 1.
• 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos or similar on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica.
• Transfers airport/hotel on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica, and transfers hotel/airport on last Day of the Air-Cruise Program.
• Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
• Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
• Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship
• Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
• All guided shore excursions.
• Lectures and entertainment on board.
• Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
• Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica. • Contingency Plan as described below.
• IAATO passenger fee
• Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the Travel Program and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage.
• Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
• Personal insurance.
• Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
• Tips (suggested USD 12 per person per day).
• Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
A Booking Fee of USD 2.500 per person is required to book a cabin, except for ANTARCTICA EXPRESS Air-Cruises, where the Booking Fee is USD 1.500 per person.
The balance is due in full 120 days prior to departure. Payments can be made by wire transfer or by major credit card. Payments by credit card are subject to a 2.5% fee.
Children are admitted from the age of 8 years if accompanied by a fully responsible adult. A 5% discount on the rate per person is offered for children up to 12 years of age.
Single travellers can choose between:
• Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
• Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement
should be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
• Sharing with another passenger of the same gender. Available on Ocean Nova in a twin cabin, and on Sea Explorer in a Window or Superior Suite. No supplement is applied, and VAE will take care of finding the matching companion.
Note: Sharing a cabin also implies sharing any hotel accommodation.
After your Antarctic trip, we recommend the beautiful Torres Del Paime national park which is close by to Punta Arenas & Ushuaia. Please see http://www.victory-cruises.com/patagonia.html This will give you plenty of wildlife, culture and scenery!
Here are some testimonies from some of our passengers: http://www.victory-cruises.com/chile_testimonials.html#xxi