Jumping over Cape Horn and the mythical waters of the Drake Passage, VAE takes you to one of the most spectacular and remotest places on earth – Antarctica. Sail to the far south, and be on of the few adventurous travellers to cross the Antarctic Circle.
Day 1: START OF THE AIR-CRUISE - our staff welcomes you in Punta Arenas, Chile. Transfer to your hotel and attend a briefing that provides important information about your voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. A welcome dinner introduces you to the local gastronomy as you meet fellow adventurers from around the world.
Day 2: SCHEDULED FLIGHT TO ANTARCTICA - A smooth two-hour flight takes you efficiently from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. Your Antarctic adventure begins as you exit the airplane and the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. Explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen station, before boarding a Zodiac to embark your expedition vessel.
Days 3 to 8: EXPLORING ANTARCTICA - Sail along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Visit the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, disembarking by Zodiac each day. In small groups, hike to extraordinary sites and take part in exploratory Zodiac excursions to otherwise inaccessible areas. Expert polar guides share their passion for Antarctica through an engaging program of illustrated presentations, and lead you ashore to interpret the wildlife, the history and the many wonders of the Antarctic environment. From the glass- enclosed lounge, enjoy spectacular views while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests over a drink. The goal of the expedition is to sail far south in the attempt of reaching the Polar Circle. The Expedition Team sets the
specific voyage route based on local conditions, and takes advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature. Flexibility will be the key to a successful voyage. Your expedition may include visits to sites such as Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, the Lemaire Channel, Prospect Point or other magnificent places. Each voyage is unique and each is crafted to provide the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment.
Day 9: SCHEDULED RETURN FLIGHT FROM ANTARCTICA - Back at King George Island, bid farewell to Antarctica as you board the flight to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program).
Day 10: END OF THE AIR-CRUISE - After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
|Dates & Rates||Cabins (all Prices in US$ Dollar)|
|PC01-OCN17||Start Jan 01, 2018
End Jan 10, 2018
|PC3-OCN17||Start Feb 18, 2018
End Feb 27, 2018
• For Air-Cruises starting in Punta Arenas, transfers airport/ hotel on Day 1 (only available to travellers who arrive before 15:00 hrs.).
• For Air-Cruises starting in PuntaArenas, 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos or similar, with a welcome dinner including drinks on Day 1.
• 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos or similar on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica.
• Transfers airport/hotel on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica, and transfers hotel/airport on last Day of the Air-Cruise Program.
• Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
• Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
• Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship
• Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
• All guided shore excursions.
• Lectures and entertainment on board.
• Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
• Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica. • Contingency Plan as described below.
• IAATO passenger fee
• Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the Travel Program and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage.
• Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
• Personal insurance.
• Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
• Tips (suggested USD 12 per person per day).
• Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
A Booking Fee of USD 2.500 per person is required to book a cabin, except for ANTARCTICA EXPRESS Air-Cruises, where the Booking Fee is USD 1.500 per person.
The balance is due in full 120 days prior to departure. Payments can be made by wire transfer or by major credit card. Payments by credit card are subject to a 2.5% fee.
Children are admitted from the age of 8 years if accompanied by a fully responsible adult. A 5% discount on the rate per person is offered for children up to 12 years of age.
Single travellers can choose between:
• Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
• Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement
should be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
• Sharing with another passenger of the same gender. Available on Ocean Nova in a twin cabin, and on Sea Explorer in a Window or Superior Suite. No supplement is applied, and VAE will take care of finding the matching companion.
Note: Sharing a cabin also implies sharing any hotel accommodation.
After your Antarctic trip, we recommend the beautiful Torres Del Paime national park which is close by to Punta Arenas & Ushuaia. Please see http://www.victory-cruises.com/patagonia.html This will give you plenty of wildlife, culture and scenery!
Here are some testimonies from some of our passengers: http://www.victory-cruises.com/chile_testimonials.html#xxi