Pelagic Expeditions supplies heavy duty
Sail Racing GTX foul weather gear for all guests on board Pelagic
Australis, but not on Pelagic.
For expedition cruises to Antarctica,
South Georgia, Spitzbergen, Greenland, Iceland and Labrador, bring:
Some of the below mentioned products are
recommended from our equipment partner Sail Racing. Please find the
entire Sail Racing product range at
- Sea boots – high top rubber, non
slip sole (1to 2 sizes over normal).
- Thermal underwear, 3 to 4 pairs
- Fiber pile jacket (Sail Racing
Challenge Jacket or equivalent)
- Fiber pile pants
- Windproof pants
and jacket (Sail Racing lightweight Gore-Tex) onshore use, Sail
Racing GTX not allowed on shore.
- 2 Balaclavas/wool hats
- Several pairs fiber pile/wool
- Rubber or Gore-Tex overmits
- 4 to 6 pairs fiber pile or wool
- Boat shoes or slippers with rubber
soles for below decks
- Hiking boots (Vibram sole) and
- Medium weight sleeping bag with full
length zip – cabin temperature is roughly 10 to 15 degrees C.
- Soft travel bag (no hard suitcases)
(Sail Racing Xloader Bag)
- Glacier glasses with side flaps and
one spare pair dark sun glasses
- Sun block-out and after sun cream
- Small rucsac (Sail Racing Backpack
- Seasick pills (we recommend Stugeron)
- Personal photographic equipment (we
charge 12 volt video batteries on board via 12 volt DC, 220 or 110
volt AC, but you should bring your own charger). We have UK
electrical sockets for 220 volt and also European two pin adapters.
Therefore, male UK or European plug ends are suitable. We also have
normal two prong US sockets for 110 volts.
- Film, more than you think you need
and/or memory – if you plan on downloading and editing on board,
bring your own laptop.
- Collapsible ski poles for hiking
- Personal medical kit to include
personal medication and i.e.band aids, throat lozenges, lip salves
and one course of antibiotics for chest and throat infections
- 1 liter water bottle and one pee
bottle if necessary.
- Small selection of your favourite
Also remember to submit the following documents to the
Pelagic Office upon signing of the charter agreement:
We have storage facilities ashore in
Puerto Williams and Stanley for hard suitcases, shore clothes and
extra unneeded gear.