Terms and Conditions Antarctica FULL DAY and OVERNIGHT
PROGRAM OFFERED BY VICTORY ADVENTURE EXPEDITIONS (VAE)
King George Island is located at the northern part of the Antarctic Peninsula. This is one of the most remote places on Earth; therefore it is hard to reach. Many problems can occur because development has not yet reached the continent, no commodities can be found and the weather is highly unpredictable. A clear sky with perfect visibility is required in order to land there safely, that is why in many cases trips need to be postponed while waiting for adequate weather conditions.
That is why having a tight time schedule to do your Antarctic program is unwise; delays of several days must be anticipated. VAE strongly suggests that on scheduling, you consider at least a four days window to gain some flexibility, also, an open dated air ticket be held for your journey home would be a good idea. This will provide rescheduling flexibility.
No commodities or emergency units can be found on King George Island that is why VAE suggests you make sure you are adequately covered for all eventualities, including medical evacuation.
Our charter flights into Antarctica take three and a half hours. They cross first the Drake Passage, and then arrive to King George Island in the Antarctic Peninsula. Satellite information is checked before departure and during the flight.
As bad weather conditions can frequently prevent local flights from departing. We have developed different programs to offer you while waiting. This program includes visits to Torres del Paine national park, over flight Cape Horn and others. VAE takes safety most seriously even at the risk of having to call off the program at a late stage. VAE will have the last word regarding this matter.
On board the flight, everybody is required to respect the authority of the captain and comply with his instructions. During the field trip, guides are delegated the same responsibility.
Cancellation and Changes to Itineraries
Each Antarctic Program signifies a lot of work on behalf of VAE`s personnel, everything has to be well coordinated, several phone calls have to be made, Antarctic permissions are required and other expenses are involved in each King George Program planning, that is why VAE`s Refund Policy must be strictly respected. VAE knows how disappointing it is for travelers in the event they are forced to cancel their trip, that is why VAE strongly advices that all travelers carefully read these terms and conditions and purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance as protection against an emergency which may force them to cancel or leave the program while it is in progress.
1. To make a reservation you must sent an e-mail to email@example.com To make the booking must prepay 50% of the total program cost by bank transfer or credit card.
2. - Once the deposit is paid, should you which to cancel at any time, there is a non refundable fee of 10% of the total value that will be taken from the initial deposit mentioned in the precedent article.
3. VAE reserves the right to cancel the program for any reason whatsoever, including to few participants or logistical problems caused by any circumstances beyond VAE`s control which may make the trip inadvisable. In the event of cancellation by VAE, all money received with the sole exemption of the non refundable fee, will be promptly refunded. This refund will be the limit of VAE`s liability and VAE shall not be liable for any subsequent damage. VAE is not responsible for any expends incurred by the client or client’s booking agents in preparing for the trip including airline tickets, housing, special clothes, food, visa, passport fees or other trip related expenses.
VAE operations are highly dependent on weather conditions, changes to the itinerary may occur for which VAE accepts no responsibility, however caused and for whatever reason. VAE reserves the right to reschedule the programs without prior notification and no further obligation on our part. Such reschedule does not constitute cancellation by VAE. Travellers are advised to schedule a 4 days window when planning their Antarctic visit in case bad weather conditions or other situations should occur so the program has to be postponed. If the client can not or does not want to wait for those 4 days and has or wants to leave before, VAE will consider this as a client’s cancellation therefore there is no refundable money for the client.
Should a client be unable to accept any changes or modifications to the travel schedule and /or itinerary and decides to cancel, the following penalties will apply:
• Cancellations before 30 days prior to departure, the initial payment of 50% will be fully retained.
• Cancellation from day 29 thought 0 before departure, 100% of the total value will be retained. • Reservations will be confirmed once this initial deposit has been made.
• 30 days prior to departure 100% of the program has to be paid.
• If payments are not received by the dates specified in the “Payment schedule”, VAE reserves the right to cancel your booking and withhold return of all payments received, unless a change in your payment schedule has been agreed by VAE.
• If the program is cancelled by VAE for whatever reason full payment will be reimbursed to the client.
• VAE considers a flight cancelled because of bad weather conditions once 4 full days have passed since the date of the original schedule, in which case full payment will be reimbursed except for the non refundable fee.
• Our Company states clearly that flights are done under rules and regulations issued by the Dirección de Aeronáutica Civil de Chile, which strictly compiled with USA`s FAA high standards.
VAE`s Guides and aircraft pilots are the leaders during the programs. Your signature signifies your acceptance of the leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals. The leader may require an individual to leave the group if he/she believes the person’s health is at risk if an illegal act is committed, or their behavior becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well being of the group. Should such a thing happen, this person would not be entitled to any refund whatsoever.
Please understand that there are known and unknown hazards involved in Antarctic trips, which you must accept voluntarily and at your own risk. VAE will not be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained during the program. That is why VAE strongly encourages you to check with your insurance agent to make sure you are adequately covered for all eventualities, including medical evacuation.
VAE`s staff, crew and representatives, other than official Managers of VAE are not entitled to promise refunds and VAE will not be bound to such oral promises.
Substantial changes in the price of fuel, services and labour might increase the cost of the program, VAE reserves the rights to revise its prices.
This agreement and any dispute here under shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Chile.
Upon advisement of a deposit, or any part of full payment for a reservation of any of VAE`s programs, the undersigned acknowledges and confirms that he/she, having read and understood these terms and conditions in their entirety agrees:
To be bound by all of the terms hereof confirms that these terms and conditions will be binding on his/hers heirs next of kin executors administrators and successors.
And that this is the entire understanding between myself and VAE and can not be modified or changed any way by any statements or representations by myself or by VAE.