Virtual Voyage to the Cold Southern Ocean Regions of our planet; Cape Horn,
Patagonia, Tierra Del Fuego, Antarctica and South Georgia with over 1000
graphics. Over one Hundred forty pages of Information on culture, history,
fauna, flora, anthropology, geography, arqueology, Chile facts, kayaking,
whale watching, trekking and introducing:
Ultimate Adventures You Will Never Forget
The yacht's equipment includes all new Dacron
sails, Caterpillar main engine, 220v electric
diesel generator, electric anchor winch, a
16-person inflatable high seas type life raft with
flares and provisions, 16 life preservers, radar,
depth sounder, fish finder, speed and mileage
indicator, GPS (Global Position System), VHF and
short wave radio, Two Zodiac type rubber
inflatable boats, 10 and 15 hp outboards, and a
two person kayak. We have space for up to 8 kayaks
on the forward deck. She is built from the design
of a 19th century cargo schooner of the East coast
of the US. Her bottom is protected by100 square
meters of copper sheeting.
Back to Contents
Amenities & Meals
- All hands are needed on deck to help with the ship's classical rigging
- For that, hearty meals are served - and what meals they are!
- The ship's chef cooks up her unique style of Mexican, American, Chinese,
Italian and Chilean cuisine - which is some of the best in the Southern
- It is not on rare occasions when hot whole wheat bread and homemade pizza are served.
Watch out if you're on a diet!
- The Victory's galley is outfitted with modern appliances -
commercial stove and oven, refrigerator and freezer.
- For vegetarians we serve fresh salads and vegetables grown
in Chile along with King crab and fresh fish if you desire.
- Wheel chair access available
10 Passengers/3 crew
- Most cabins have opening hatches or portholes, incandescent lighting, closets and/or drawer space.
- The aft head includes a hot pressurized water, bathtub/shower and washbasin.
- The forward head is equipped with hot pressurized water and a washbasin.
- The yacht has plenty of seating space for all passengers in the heated aft and main salons.
- This is all designed for a pleasure full voyage where you may be relaxing, chatting or helping to sail and taking the wheel.
- You may alternatively be reading, feasting your eyes on the marvelous
scenery, or helping the Captain chart the ship's course
- The VICTORY may act as a mother ship for a group of up to 8 sea kayakers
giving them warm bunks and food while they explore the fjords and channels at the "ends
of the earth".
- Disclaimer : This voyage is for adventurers only.
- You may encounter narrower beds than you may be used to, wind, cold and other unfavorable weather conditions.
- Our passengers say that the VICTORY is a very comfortable boat.However, it should be said, that she is NOT the Queen Mary!
Schooner the S/V Tallship DENIS SULLIVAN
Schooner VICTORY's DECK and SAIL PLAN, Specifications and more photos
Have you rounded Cape Horn, watched enormous slab of ice fall from giant glaciers and then quaffed a drink with millenium- year - old ice?
Take a sailing Adventure to Chile and you can do this and more.
Chile will never provide tourism for the masses. It's too remote for many tourists and the sea is too cold for bathers. This incredible country'll
always be for a select & exclusive minority:
those who seek beauty, adventure and something delightfully off the beaten path. Sail the "Uttermost Part of the earth " with it's awesome be auty of glaciers, fjords, waterfalls and wildlife.
In "Little Antarctica"; Tierra Del Fuego, We navigate glacial etched flat water channels and wonderful fjords outlined by exquisite dense green forests.
All the best,
Captain Ben Garrett
Hint: Bookmark this page, as it contains many graphics. Print out in B/W for a tour guide.
Click photo to visit the tall ship VICTORY
Click on Fire for the NEW ROUTES to
CAPE HORN and in the Land of Fire!