The MS Expedition provides an intimate small-ship cruising experience. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the world’s most remote regions. The Expedition’s spacious confines can hold as many as 140 passengers, but our commitment to keeping group sizes small means you’ll never have to share it with more than 131 others. Many expedition cruise operators offer you a choice of space, comfort or expertise; the MS Expedition delivers all three at a price few can top.
Built for Adventure
- Fast – spend less time in transit and more time exploring
- Sturdy – excellent stability and performance in rough weather
- Safe – designed with safety in mind
- Control – operated by G Adventures
- Responsible – environmental policies that meet and exceed industry regulations
Facilities and Amenities
- 360° Observation Deck
- All cabins with private ensuite and outside views
- Raised Canada Goose Observation Deck
- Fleet of 14 zodiacs with four stroke engines
- Complimentary Wellington Boots for duration of your cruise
- Complimentary destination guides for every passenger
- Large headed Mud Room
- Lonely Planet Library
- Discovery Lounge
- Fine dining – international cuisine in one sitting
- Large aft deck with barbeque facilities
- Polar Bear Pub
- Gift Shop
- Medical Clinic
- Computer Room with internet where available
With a focus on safety, comfort and the unique demands of polar travel, the crew of the MS Expedition is committed to the ship’s continued safe operation.
- Forward-looking sonar reduces the risk of its grounding on uncharted reefs or rocks.
- Designed to Ice Class 1B specifications for service in sea ice.
- Four totally covered lifeboats provide capacity for all passengers and crew, while six liferafts boast a capacity of 150 persons.
- Full immersion cold weather survival suits for all passengers and crew